Hygiene is as important for mouth as oxygen is to the human body. We all want to sport a great smile that leaves a good impression, and for that, healthy teeth are a must. In the case of dental health, though, poor hygiene maintenance can potentially lead to medical issues in future like infection, gum diseases, and bone loss etc. It is, therefore, crucial that you have regular checkups and cleaning routine to prevent any problems.
Here are 10 tips that will go a long way in improving your oral health:
- Proper Brushing – The easiest way to keep your teeth clean and healthy is to brush them correctly on a regular basis. While brushing, cover all areas of your mouth as well as gums. Brush for 3 minutes minimum and then rinse properly.
- Flossing – With so much to eat all the time, some food particles are bound to stick around without us realizing. That’s where dental floss comes in handy because it removes the food particles your toothbrush couldn’t take care of.
- Say no to Smoking – Tobacco leaves a dark mark on your teeth and can cause oral cancer. What more can be said about smoking cigarettes? Don’t smoke.
- Use Fluoride Toothpaste – Removes bacteria and plaque which forms on teeth and gums on a daily basis. Fluoride prevents tooth decay by making your tooth enamel strong.
- Avoid drinking too much – Many drinks contain phosphorous which reduces the body’s calcium level, which leads to dental issues such as tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Chew Sugarless Gum – Sugarless gum increases the flow of saliva which helps reduce plaque acid, hence, making and teeth strong and less prone to decay.
- Follow a Healthy Diet – A healthy diet contains essential nutrients and minerals that vitalize the body, making the body strong and less prone to diseases.
- Wear a Mouthguard for Sports – Mouth guards are made to reduce dental injuries while playing sports. Wearing one will ensure you do not damage your teeth and prevent concussions and damages etc.
- Limit Sugar & Acidic Foods – Yes, sugar and acidic foods are tempting, but they bring along a lot of cavities with them. Try to minimize your sugar and acid intake to maintain good oral health.
- Schedule Your Periodontal Visits – A periodontist will carefully examine your medical and dental condition and recommend the steps to improve oral hygiene if need be
By following these 10 tips, you can ensure that you keep your oral sanitation at an optimum level. Visit Anthem Periodontics for regular checkup and the best oral care you wish to receive!