For patients who feel as if their smiles have too much pink and not enough white, there is hope. Laser gingivectomy is a safe and effective way to correct gummy smiles and give you the confidence that you need to shine.
Primarily a cosmetic issue, gummy smile occurs when the gum tissue covering the teeth is at least 4mm long. This number can vary slightly based on the size of the teeth, but basically it means that the gums are longer than the exposed parts of the teeth.
Laser gingivectomy is actually the most common way that dental lasers are used and can effectively remove excess gum tissue and properly shape the part that remains.
- Performed in one office visit
- Only local anesthesia is necessary
- Shorter recovery time than traditional surgery
- Able to cut and contour in one step
- Dental laser cauterizes while it cuts for less bleeding
- Practically painless
- Able to resume regular diet in as little as three days post-surgery
- Lower risk of complications
- Any post-surgical discomfort is manageable with over-the-counter pain relief
Following your laser gingivectomy, you will be able to see the difference in your smile immediately. After the healing process is complete, your new smile will appear completely natural.
Because the board-certified periodontist at Anthem Periodontics and Dental Implants is a gum specialists, you shouldn’t trust having a laser gingivectomy performed anywhere else. If you are tired of hiding your gummy smile it’s time to do something about it. Schedule a consultation at our Anthem or Summerlin location today to discover how laser gingivectomy can safely improve your smile without the use of cutting or sutures.