If you have lost all or most of your teeth due to advanced periodontal disease or any other reason, there are many tooth replacement options you can opt for. It’s important to restore your beautiful smile, confidence, self-esteem, chewing and speaking abilities to their natural state with any one of these techniques. Dr. DeAndrade of Anthem Periodontics and Dental Implants in Las Vegas suggests the All-On-4 implant procedure for this purpose due to its advanced characteristics and high reliability.
What is All-On-4?
All-On-4 is a dental implant procedure where a set of fixed, functional teeth are fixed on a patient’s upper and/or lower jaws using just 4 dental implants. These teeth look and function as natural teeth and therefore should be maintained in the future with the usual cleaning processes like brushing and flossing.
This implant technique can be applied to a patient’s teeth in just a single visit to the dentist. Although getting separate dental implants can be slightly expensive, this technique could be less expensive and cost effective due to its use of only 4 dental implants.
Why All-On-4 over dentures?
• Cleaning and maintenance of teeth is similar to that of natural teeth whereas dentures should be removed after meals and before sleep.
• Comfort during eating is closer to natural teeth unlike in dentures where they can slip and cause discomforts. You can eat ANYTHING YOU WANT with All on 4!
• There is no chance of shifting and falling of teeth. Everything will stay where it should – your teeth will not slip or move, no matter what your doing or eating.
• All-On-4 rarely causes irritations, swelling, or development of sores in the mouth as they don’t rest completely on gums unlike dentures.
• Promotes higher health of jaw bones as the functional stimulation during chewing is transferred to the supporting tissues as they are directly fixed to the jaw bone.
• Direct connection of implants to the jaw bone halts the bone loss in the jaw.
• There are no repeated expenses after All-On-4 is complete unlike in dentures where they require expenditure on adhesives, soaking solutions and other products. They will also needs to be replaced as your jaw-bone changes, and your dentures begin to not slip.
As you have gone through all the basic information related to the All-On-4 dental implant technique, don’t hesitate to consult Dr. DeAndrade if any need for the treatment arises. The doctor has years of experience in providing his patients with beautiful sets of new teeth with the All-On-4 procedure. At Anthem Periodontics & Dental Implants, we will assess your state of oral health, medical history and other diseases before recommending you for the treatment. Call us now!