Receding gums can be caused by a variety of conditions: gum disease, genetics or even brushing too hard. No matter what caused your gums to recede, it’s important that you get them treated and here’s why:
- Roots can become exposed which leads to sensitivity and tooth loss
- Your appearance is altered by teeth that appear too long
- Underlying gum disease needs to be treated to protect you from the loss of tooth and bone
- Teeth are not anchored as firmly into the jawbone.
Treating gum recession is not just necessary for cosmetic reasons; it can actually protect your teeth and keep them from falling out or requiring addition, more costly periodontal procedures.
At Anthem Periodontics and Dental Implants, our board-certified periodontists provide many gum recession treatments in the Las Vegas area including:
- Chao’s Pinhole Surgical Technique
- Connective Tissue Grafting
- Subgingival Scaling
- Root Planing
If your gum recession is a result of periodontal disease, it is necessary for us to treat that condition first before we repair your gums. Left untreated, periodontal disease will not heal on its own and will lead to more serious problems such as tooth and bone loss or heart disease.
Now that you know how important it is to care for your gums, it is time to schedule a consultation with the gum experts at our Henderson or Summerlin location. We can help you have the beautiful, healthy smile that you’ve been waiting for.