Many things are changing in the world today since the SARS-CoV-2 outbreak. One thing has not: our commitment and dedication to your health and safety. Since 2001 Dr. Ed De Andrade’s goal has been to provide world class dental implant and periodontal service to our patients in Las Vegas and Henderson. We have never been satisfied with just providing the standard of care. We believe in continuous improvement and set a higher bar for cleanliness and patient experience. Please be confident that we are approaching how we handle COVID-19 with the same high bar. You can rest assured we will continue to exceed the minimum standard recommendations for sterilization and environmental disinfection for the health and safety of our patients, team members, and families.
We are adhering to the guidelines recommended by the Nevada Dept. Of Health and Human Services and the Nevada Board of Dental Examiners. We are exceeding the OSHA requirements for air and surface disinfection through the following additions to our regular, state-of-the-art protocols:
- Air quality control through a whole office air purification system by MedifyAir. This system is a true HEPA H13 filtration system that removes 99.97% of particles down to 0.1 microns. These units also have an anion generator that produces negative ions to charge particles and trap them inside the unit and give your air a fresh feel.
- The use of the Max Vac 1000 Extraoral Suction units which almost completely eliminate aerosol production from dental procedures that create them. This unit uses UV sterilization and HEPA filtration to clean the air.
- Hourly disinfection of ALL frequently touched surfaces, including but not limited to doorknobs, countertops, cabinet handles, and keyboards.
- Addition of Acrylic barriers to our front office to put a level of protection between our team and you.
- HOCL fogging at the beginning and end of the day. HOCL is a biocompatible, non-toxic and environmentally safe product
We will be taking the following additional steps to assure your safety for your appointment:
- All members of our team are having their temperature checked and answering the Covid-19 health screening questionnaire at the start of everyday.
- You will be asked a COVID-19 health screening questionnaire over the phone when you schedule your appointment and one will be sent to you by text on the day of your appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we are asking you to remain in your vehicle and call or text us to let us know you have arrived.
- Once in the reception area, we will ask you to use hand sanitizer to disinfect your hands.
- One of our team members will review any necessary paperwork, and check your temperature before admitting you into the operatory.
- Our team will be using level III surgical masks, N95 and KN95 respirators, and small particle filtration masks throughout your experience at our office.
- We are trying to minimize the number of patients at the front office and therefore may ask you to prepay over the phone with a credit card.
- We are only letting the patient being treated into the office to reduce the number of person-to-person interactions unless special circumstances require otherwise.